Ever heard the saying “house always wins”? Maybe that’s why you are here today. The tough truth exposed itself and its time to regain control. Gambling is a blood sucking parasite that preys hard on the weak but harder on the weaker! Here’s the truth of it all. Casinos and betting agencies are a business. Their main priority is to make money and without a doubt they will. Small percentages get large payouts, but the money comes from the hard work of those suffering around them. Ever notice that even when you win, you still aren’t satisfied? Part of this is greed, but more often than not its a personality trait. You get addicted to the atmosphere, the machines around going off, the table camaraderie, watching chip stacks grow, and anticipating that next bonus spin.
Growing up my father explained to me the dangers of gambling. He learned from his mistakes and did not want me to make the same. He often told me the best way is to never start because he knows this addictive personality runs in the family. Words weren’t enough. It took many years of lost paycheck, loans, and over-drafting bank accounts before I was able to bring myself out of the clutch of gambling. I have a decent job that provides a house over my head, but I often didn’t have funds to eat, or have much of a social life outside of the casino. Of course I had my moments, big wins! When you are constantly down, those big wins go quick! Trying to regain status amongst friends, binge drinking, and supporting those impulse purchase desires. Even when winning I really wasn’t ahead.
5 Things to Know – How to Stop Gambling/Gambling Alternatives/Gambling Recovery
1) Accept that there is a problem. Stop convincing yourself gambling is just for entertainment, that you know when to walk away, and that you came prepared to lose. Don’t just know there is a problem, address it and stop gambling!
2) Seek counseling services to stop gambling. Whether it is with family and friends or a professional counselor, you need to be willing to take this step. If you truly want to cut the habit, don’t try to do it alone.
3) Make stock trading an alternative to gambling. You may find a new hobby, a desire for travel, or even an interest in helping others. For myself I needed a similar alternative. I found there are structured and responsible options. Stocks are often compared to gambling, however if you take the time to learn and research you can be very successful with stock trading. Start small, and invest in something you use, know and trust. Utilize investment programs to help you get on the right path.
4) Invest rather than lose. There are many ways to invest your hard earned money. You may choose to use mutual funds or IRA’s. You may also choose to invest in gold or silver. Gold may take a larger up front monetary commitment, so if that’s too much start smaller. Silver is a cheaper and an advisable alternative. BullionVault
5) Over come debt and maintain a debt free lifestyle. Financial freedom is an amazing feeling. When you make the stand to quit gambling and are able to get a debt free start, you realize what getting ahead and winning really is! Click Here! to learn how to become debt free with a faith driven approach!
Choose what methods you want to use to stop gambling. Everyone is different in how they choose to move forward from their addictions. Whether its drugs, alcohol, gambling, or any other addiction, you can beat it. The best way is to address it and seek help. Then choose alternatives that work for you. The final step is sustainment. You know what you need and want. Seek out to fulfill the desires that make you a better and happier person!
To stop gambling is to start life!